Uplands House has been a 5 Star B&B for over a decade, with the rare and coveted Visit England Rose Award in 2019, as well as Gold Awards and Breakfast Awards for many years.
As the owner of this B&B, I am personally responsible for taking care of the hazards which may be incurred by the accidental transfer of Coronavirus. Now that Covid rules have been eased:
- There will be no handshaking or kissing goodbye as so often happens.
- Before guests arrive, I will expect guests to ascertain that so far as they know they are free from the virus and hopefully will be triple vaccinated. I will ask guests to take a Covid test before they leave home.
- I will provide hand sanitisers upstairs and in the entrance hall, which our visitors will be encouraged to use.
- We will ensure scrupulous cleaning arrangements with every change of rooms.
- We will provide alcoholic sanitising wipes in all guest bedrooms for the extra care on touchpoints, eg the mahogany stair rail, the stairlift, all the door handles, wardrobe handles, light switches, bedside lamps, shower pulls, toilet seats, window catches, blinds, etc, and suggest they use them for their own protection.
We will take every precaution we can to protect our guests, and ourselves, while providing our visitors with the high-quality care and service they expect and enjoy here.